Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blog facelift

After some time apart, my blog and I have reconciled our differences and come back together. I doubt this means that I will actually post often or regularly, but it does mean that I spent some time today giving it a face-lift. If you read my posts through an aggregator please actually come by and visit to check out the new layout!

I started out trying to follow this guide for making a three-column blog. Either the guide is out of date or I messed something up because it did not work correctly. It was not really what I wanted either. I like having the option for wider elements up above the two side columns. I found this guide which does exactly that.

I then went through and scrapped all my widgets and elements. That includes the ads. I opened up an old post of mine and followed my own instructions for re-adding things I actually thought added value to the blog. I have not yet added the ads back in. Someday that will happen, but today is not that day.

I then added a couple of things I have been wanting to do. This blog entry talks about adding the digg button below each post (I changed the type to an icon). I also found this blog entry about adding a button for tweeting the blog. So now you can email, digg, or tweet my blog posts!

So this is my new blog layout. Comments are welcome!

4 comments:

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I like the new layout. Except that I think the friendfeed is huge. But I like you, so you know, whatever.

word verification:evisutho. Sounds like an African tribal language. Cool.

RileyScott said...

I think the friend thing is too big, but other then that i like the new layout

Coop said...

Consensus seems to be that I should shrink the friendfeed. I'll put it on my todo list.

Unknown said...

Well, looks pretty good to me. Friendfeed is big. But, maybe that's what you were going after.
At least you've got lots of stuff on there.