Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Marvell interview

I had a nice phone interview this morning with a manager from Marvell. Like my interview with Google, I don't think I did horrible but I also definitely didn't do a slam dunk. Here are some of the questions I was asked:

  • How do you make a function reentrant?
  • What does the stack frame look like during a function call?
  • What are the different types of variables? local, global, static, register, pointer
  • Write some code to determine the endian-ness of a machine.
  • Design a file system for a scratchpad memory.

The final question at the end was something like "what are your career goals for the next five years?" which had the goal of figuring out if I really wanted to be an engineer or if I was just a researcher in disguise.

Unfortunately, I found out at the end of the interview that it was for a group in the Boise office. I do not have anything against Boise, but I would like to raise my children in a non-LDS dominated culture. I had indicated to the recruiters at the career fairs that I wanted to interview for the Santa Clara office for that reason. Oh well.

No comments: