Monday, December 15, 2008

Killer Bunnies Unleashed

A couple years ago my dad got me Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot for Christmas. I thought "Haha, very funny" and then proceeded to get myself, my family, my in-laws, and most of friends addicted. It is a crazy fun game, although it is also a bit complex. The Quest is over, and the Journey to Jupiter has begun.

My parents came over last night for dinner and since they weren't going to see me again before my birthday I opened my present from them: Killer Bunnies and the Journey to Jupiter!

That's the box. It's a pretty big box. Here is some of the stuff that was inside:

They have obviously learned a few things from Quest. The box has room for the future expansions (my quest set fills the original box completely with the cards and then fills the onyx box completely with the manuals, dice, and extra stuff). Also, they gave the vouchers (used for change) right at the beginning. Here is a picture of what makes Jupiter so special:

I think something my dad says really captures the feeling. It went something like this: "Gee, you have the cards and then a board game on top of it! That shouldn't be too complicated!" He was being sarcastic. It will be a while before we have time to learn how to play (probably this weekend), and then it will probably be many times after that before we finally get it right.

3 comments:

tjv said...

I have played the bunnies once and it was a lot of fun. Do you ever check out boardgamegeek.com?

We have been gathering a collection of fun boardgames, and a while back I started keeping a list on bgg. If you want to check out some of the games let me know and I can update the listing online.

Unknown said...

That looks a little wild!

Megan said...

Nathan, you're like a drug dealer with this Killer Bunnies thing. First you introduced me to the game. Then you and your girlfriend gave Ben and me our very own starter kit (first time's free), and now you're preaching about the new designer version. I'm sure glad you've chosen to use your powers for good and not evil! Boy do we wish we could pop over and play with you guys.